Monday, October 17, 2011

Roof Project

For this project we had to design and build a style of roof on top of a Kleenex box.  We chose to design a Gable roof.
FACTS
This style of roofing is very popular here in Minnesota probably because of how well it handles rain and heavy snow.  Unfortunately this style of roof is very bad in hurricane weather.  In the high winds of the hurricane gable roofs triangular structure catches wind like a sail and can often get ripped right off of a house.     







Picture-

In this project I learned that a roof needs a strong structure so that it doesn't collapse on itself.  I liked using the bigger glue gun it made everything go faster.  I didnt like getting the glue stuck on my hand or the fact that we ran out of popsicle sticks one of the days so we couldn't really do much that day.  Next time I would use a different material for the shingles.

No comments:

Post a Comment